15 Narok County Staff Win Medals at KICOSCA Games - and Book Places for Rwanda Championships in October
Congratulations to all the Narok County Government athletes who did the county proud in the Kenya Inter-Counties Sports and Cultural Association (KICOSCA) Games that took place last week in Eldoret.
15 of our county staff athletes scooped Gold, Silver and Bronze medals – which means they have booked their place in the East African championships to be held in Rwanda in October.
Here is the list of honor:
1. Saroi Lesaloi – Winner, 200m and 400m.
2. Suyanka Mututua – Winner, 100m
3. Tom Lemurt – Winner, 400m
4. Mitei Cheruiyot – Silver medal, 10,000m
5. Anne Keter – Silver medal, 5000m
6. Beatrice Matheka – 400m and 800m
7. Gold medalist in 4X1 and 4X4 Relays- Tom Lemurt ,Nguto, Saroi Lesaloi and Suyanka Mututua
8. Taparia Kiminta – Winner, 1,500m
9. Jane Ronyo – Silver medal in 400m and in Javelin
10. Gold medal in Darts – Team members: Hon Benard parsaloi, francis Naiswaku, Janet Nkoitiko, Daniel Soit, Richard Kotene,Anthony Kimutai, Hon Anthony Soyiantet, Hon Violet Sikawa
The Narok County pool team took the silver medal and also qualified for the EA championships. The team: Jonathan Kipees, Sarbabi Yiaile, Repes Naikumi, James Rimpaine and Shadrack Mwanik.
Also taking pole position for the county was Narok County Traditional Dance Troupe which took position 1 in Folk Song category and position 3 in Dance Song category.
This year’s KICOSCA Games were attended by teams from all the 47 counties, plus a team from the National Government. The Narok team was led CEC for Education and Social Services, Hon. John Marindany, MCA’s and the County Secretary Lenku Seki.